Chủ Nhật, 19 tháng 12, 2010

Mourinho: I'd appreciate more support

Jose Mourinho wants Real Madrid to do more to defend his team regarding refereeing performances.
He commented after seeing nine players booked and Ricardo Carvalho questionably sent off in Sunday night's fiery clash with Sevilla.
Mourinho also lauded his players for claiming the three points despite playing with a man less for almost half-an-hour, but it was once again the subject of the officiating that dominated the Portuguese's post-match press conference.
Mourinho vented his ire towards the match officials following last weekend's game at Real Zaragoza, complaining his side were not being treated in the same way as others after Xabi Alonso and Marcelo picked up bookings which ruled them out of the Sevilla game.
And following Sunday night's 1-0 win at the Bernabeu, Mourinho held up a piece of paper which he said listed the mistakes that referee Carlos Clos Gomez had made in the match.
"There were 13 serious errors from the referee. If I talk about them, I won't be at the next game," said Mourinho, who has served two separate touchline bans recently for different offences.
"In the last press conference you asked me if I was tired. I don't feel under pressure when I'm doing what I like, and I like to coach.
"I'm tired of this. My team deserves to be defended. If I say what I think, tomorrow I'm on the front pages and suspended.
"There is a club, with a structure, and I want them to defend my team, not only me.
"I want to talk with the president (Florentino Perez). I have a good personal relationship with the club, even though we think different things.
"Today I prefer to say that I have a fantastic team."
The match itself was a largely forgettable one, with Clos Gomez taking centre stage after dishing out 12 yellow cards in all as well as dismissing Carvalho and Sevilla's Mouhamadou Dabo, who was shown a straight red card in injury-time.
Madrid had looked in danger of conceding more ground to leaders Barcelona after struggling to break down the Sevilla defence and then losing Carvalho to a second yellow card in the 63rd minute following a clash of heads with visiting striker Alvaro Negredo.
However, that dismissal seemed to galvanise the home side into action and they would end up taking the spoils thanks to Angel Di Maria's 77th minute strike.
That goal saw Madrid close the gap on Barca back to two points, and increased the capital club's winning streak at the Bernabeu to 15 games.
Mourinho hailed his players but also admitted the match was far from pretty, saying: "My team's character is out of this world. With important players missing, they've achieved what seemed impossible.
"Tonight's victory will be very frustrating for those who wanted us to fall four or five points behind Barcelona. This makes us stronger. Everything was set up for us to drop points, but we didn't."
He added: "There wasn't any sort of game. It was too ugly. I wouldn't have paid to see this game. At home I would have put on Eurosport to see a game from the Vietnam league."

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét