Chủ Nhật, 8 tháng 7, 2012

What Is 'HMU'? What Does HMU Mean?

Question: What Is 'HMU'? What Does HMU Mean?
Answer: "HMU" is "Hit Me Up". This acronym is used to say "contact me", "text me", "phone me" or otherwise "reach me to follow up on this". It is a modern shorthand way to invite a person to communicate with you further.

HMU is also spelled in all lowercase as 'hmu'. Both uppercase and lowercase versions mean the same thing, and you are welcome to use either. Just avoid typing entire sentences in uppercase, as that is considered rude shouting online.

Example of HMU usage:

  • (User 1): Hey, I could use some good advice on winter tires. I'm thinking of getting some for my daughter's car.
  • (User 2): I read a good article on that. Sec... maybe I can find it in my bookmarks.
  • (User 1): Great, HMU! Please send me that link when you can.

    Another Example of HMU usage:

  • (User 1): I have two e-coupons for 20% off at Jinx.com. Does anyone want one of these coupons??
  • (User 2): I'll take one coupon! I could use a Jinx shirt.
  • (User 1): OK, hmu with your email address so I can send the coupon to you.


The HMU expression, like many cultural curiousities of the Internet, is a part of modern English communication.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét