Thứ Ba, 14 tháng 8, 2012

Most - Great - Summer - Reading

I’ve always been a big reader, and love spreading the word about great books that approach interesting topics in new ways.
I enjoy sharing books I’ve read that offer unique perspectives on topics that really interest me, especially related to science, education, health, energy, and global development. Apparently, other people are just as passionate about their favorite books.
In the month since I posted my Great Summer Reading list, I was pleasantly surprised to see the number of people who responded with their book recommendations. It was fun to read through all of the recommendations sent in on Gates Notes, Twitter, and Facebook and see what people are excited about. 
Here’s a list of the Top 10 Reader’s Picks, including the two most recommended and another eight books that were frequently recommended. Many of the books recommended were in the fiction category which I found interesting because I tend to read more non-fiction, although I have read The Hunger Games and enjoyed it.
Read_Books_700
A lot of readers have also read and recommend many of the books on my favorites list. And quite a few said they were enthusiastic about two of the books I’m currently reading:Thinking, Fast and Slow, by Daniel Kahneman, and The City That Became Safe, by Franklin Zimring.
I was able to get some reading done last week while I was at the Olympics, and will write up a few book reviews and share them on the site later this summer when I get back from vacation.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét